I sure hope that you’ve embraced the idea of salad for dinner. Meals that are high in natural fiber and protein are the key to transforming your body.
Here’s a high protein salad that is bursting with flavor and nutrients. Try the simple homemade salad dressing – it’s much healthier than store bought dressings, and still lends lots of flavor.
This delicious recipe for Sesame Chicken Salad is a quick and simple meal that’s filled with fiber and protein. Pack the leftovers for a wholesome, fat burning lunch.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What You Need
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 small organic green cabbage
1 cup pea pods, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 cup shredded cooked chicken
For the Sesame Dressing:
6 Tablespoons olive oil
4 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
4 Tablespoons coconut aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
1 packet Stevia
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1. In a small skillet place the slivered almonds over medium-low heat. Stir often until golden brown. Remove from heat.
2. Wash the cabbage and cut into long thin strands. Do the same with the pea pods and the red bell peppers — the thinner you slice the better.
3. Mix the cabbage, bell pepper, pea pods, chicken and almond slivers in a large salad bowl.
4. Combine the salad dressing ingredients together.
5. Plate the salads and drizzle with some dressing.
One serving equals: 202 calories, 10g fat, 89mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 17g protein
I hope you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week.
- Coach Devon