6 Tips to an Effective 30 minute Workout
If you’ve ever felt like you were wasting time in the gym, you probably already know the importance of having a game plan from the second you walk in the door. Keeping your workouts within 30 minutes will give you more time for the important things. Here’s how you can make your 30 minute workouts EFFECTIVE:
1) Keep a list of what you’re going to do and the days you're going to do it in your phone (ex: Monday-Back/Shoulders(medial and anterior), Tuesday-Traps/Calves/Abs (rectus abdominis), Wednesday-Chest/Shoulders (posterior), Thursday-Abs(oblique)/Low Back, Friday-Biceps/Triceps, Sunday-Legs.
2) Super set 2 or more exercises at a time (ex: Perform 1 set of Dumbbell Rows, 1 set of Dumbbell Lateral Raises, and 1 set of Dumbbell Frontal Raises with no rest between sets until all three exercises have been completed for 1 round).
3) Only perform 1 to 2 exercise per muscle group (ex: Dumbbell Curls for Biceps)
4) As you’re working up to the heavier weight, flex the target muscle for every repetition. If you barely have time to work out, why would you waste your warm-up sets?
5) Push your limits. In order for your body to adapt to the workout, it has to be pushed. Trust me, you don’t want to over do it and hurt yourself. Keep good form. Stick to a desired amount of repetitions and rest time (ex: 12 repetitions with 30 seconds rest).
6) Keep your rest no longer than 30 seconds for lighter sets and 60 seconds for heavier sets. If you can keep going without sacrificing performance, skip the rest!
Contact Devon Shurden to discuss your goals so you can start making the choices for a better fit life.